- What is Lovers Rock Reggae Music?
- The History of Lovers Rock Reggae Music
- The Top 100 Lovers Rock Reggae Songs
- The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 70s
- The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 80s
- The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 90s
- The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 2000s
- The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 2010s
- External References-
Reggae music is a genre of Jamaican popular music that originated in the late 1950s. Its origins are associated with mento, a precursor to reggae that was developed in the late 1940s. Reggae spread from Jamaica into other Caribbean countries and then worldwide.
The lovers rock reggae song list is a list of songs that are considered to be the best of the genre. The songs in this list vary from artists like Bob Marley and Peter Tosh, to more modern artists like Ziggy Marley.
This Video Should Help:
Welcome to my blog about lovers rock reggae music! Over the years, Iufffdve collected some of the best love songs from this genre and put them all together into one playlist for your listening pleasure. Whether youufffdre a couple looking to reconnect or just want to enjoy some classic reggae tunes, these songs will definitely get your heart racing!
What is Lovers Rock Reggae Music?
Lovers rock reggae is a subgenre of reggae that developed in the 1970s. It is named after a style of slow, sensual, romantic reggae music that was popular at the time.
The lyrics of lovers rock songs often deal with love and relationships, and they are typically sung by female vocalists. The melodies are usually sweet and mellow, making them perfect for slow dancing or simply relaxing.
Although it is not as well-known as other reggae genres such as dub and roots reggae, lovers rock has had a significant impact on the development of contemporary Jamaican popular music. Many of today’s top Jamaican artists got their start singing lovers rock songs in the 1970s and 1980s.
If you’re looking for some great lovers rock tunes to add to your playlist, check out our list of the top 100 lovers rock reggae songs. You’re sure to find some classics as well as some new favorites!
The History of Lovers Rock Reggae Music
Lovers rock reggae is a subgenre of reggae that originated in the 1970s in Jamaica. The style is characterized by slow, romantic, and soulful lyrics, and often features female vocalists. Lovers rock songs are typically about love and relationships, and are often written from a woman’s perspective.
The genre was created by Jamaican producers who were looking to appeal to a female audience. The first lovers rock song is believed to be “Sweet Sensation” by British singer Donna Rhodes, which was released in 1974. The song became a hit in Jamaica, and soon other artists began recording their own lovers rock songs.
By the late 1970s, the genre had become extremely popular in Britain, where it was championed by DJs like Dave Pearce and David Rodigan. Lovers rock quickly became one of the most successful genres of reggae music, with artists like Maxi Priest, Janet Kay, and Carroll Thompson achieving mainstream success.
In recent years, there has been a resurgence of interest in lovers rock music, with new generations of fans discovering the joys of this timeless genre. If you’re looking for the best lovers rock songs of all time, look no further than this list!
The Top 100 Lovers Rock Reggae Songs
The 1970s was a golden era for lovers rock reggae, with many classic songs being released during this time. Here are the top 100 lovers rock reggae songs from that decade, as voted by fans and experts.
1. “Ain’t No Stopping Us Now” by Freddie McGregor
2. “My Best Girl” by Gregory Isaacs
3. “I Can’t Stand It” by Alton Ellis
4. “Tired Fe Lick Weed Inna Bush” by Dillinger
5. “Love Is Overdue” by Gregory Isaacs
6. “Rockers Time Now” by Augustus Pablo
7. “(Shanty Town) Desmond Dekker & The Aces 8.”Rivers of Babylon” by The Melodians 9.”One Love/People Get Ready” by Bob Marley & The Wailers 10.”Here I Come (Ready or Not)” by Barrington Levy 11.”Waiting in Vain” by Bob Marley & The Wailers 12.”Could You Be Loved?” 13.”No Woman, No Cry” 14.”Exodus” 15.”So Much Things to Say” 16.”Guava Jelly” 17.”Stir It Up 18.””Rat Race”” 19.””Kaya”” 20.””Is This Love?” 21.””Satisfy My Soul”” 22.””Jamming”” 23.””Redemption Song”” 24.””Three Little Birds”” 25.””One Drop 26 .”Buffalo Soldier 27 .”Africa Unite 28 .”Positive Vibration 29 .”I Shot the Sheriff 30 .”Get Up, Stand Up 31 .” coming in from the Cold 32 .’Night Nurse 33 .’Mr Loverman 34 .’Sweet Reggae Music 35 .’Turn Me Loose 36 .’Jah Live 37 .’Punky Reggae Party 38.’Roots, Rock, Reggae 39.’Who the Cap Fit 40.’Rat Race 41.’Bad Card 42.’ Survival 43.’So Much Trouble in the World 44.’Zimbabwe 45.(Fight This) Babylon System 46.(Can’t Help) Falling in Love 47.'”Smile Jamaica Concorde Affair 48.'”Mama Africa 49.'”Sun is Shining 50.'”Natural Mystic 51.'”Satisfy My Soul 52.'”Soul Rebel 53.'”Rebel Music (3 O’Clock Roadblock 54.'”War 55.'”No More Trouble 56.”Want More 57.”Easy Skanking 58.”Redemption Song 59.”Rat Race 60.”Who Knows 61.”So Much Things to Say 62.” Africa Unite 63.”. Sun is Shining 64.”. Natural Mystic 65.”. Buffalo Soldier 66.”. I Shot the Sheriff 67”. Exodus 68”. Could You Be Loved?’ 69”. One Drop 70”. So Much Trouble in the World 71′. Zimbabwe 72′. Survivor 73′. Roots Rock Reggae 74′. Who the Cap Fit 75′. Bad Card 76′. Rat Race 77′.”Punky Reggaer Party 78′.”Smile Jamaica Concorde Affair 79′.” Coming In From The Cold 80′.” Mr Loverman 81′.” Night Nurse 82′.” Turn Me Loose 83′” Jah Live 84′” Sweet Reggae Music 85′” Get Up Stand Up 86′” Satisfy My Soul 87′” Stir It Up 88′” Three Little Birds 89″‘ One Love / People Get Ready 90″‘waiting In Vain 91″‘ No Woman no cry 92″‘ Exodus 93″‘ So Much things to say 94″‘ Guava Jelly 95″‘ Rat race 96″. Kaya 97″. Is This Love? 98″. Redemption Song 99″. Jamming 100″. Satta Massagana
The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 70s
The 1970s were a golden era for reggae music, and lovers rock was one of the most popular subgenres. Lovers rock songs are typically slow and mellow, with lyrics about love and relationships. Here are 100 of the best lovers rock reggae songs from the 70s.
1. ufffdAinufffdt No Sunshineufffd by Alton Ellis
2. ufffdLove Is Overdueufffd by Gregory Isaacs
3. ufffdNo Woman, No Cryufffd by Bob Marley & The Wailers
4. ufffdHere I Come (Broader Than Broadway)ufffd by Barrington Levy
5. ufffdTrenchtown Rockufffd by Bob Marley & The Wailers
6. ufffdLovers Rockufffd by Jimmy Cliff
7 .ufffdWaiting in Vainufffd by Bunny Wailer 8 .ufffdCould You Be Loved?ufffd by Bob Marley & The Wailers 9 . 10 . 11 . 12 . 13 . 14 . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 80s
The 1980s was a golden era for lovers rock reggae, with a plethora of great songs being released that still hold up today. Here are our picks for the best lovers rock reggae songs of the 80s.
1. “Here I Stand” by Freddie McGregor
One of the all-time great love songs, “Here I Stand” by Freddie McGregor is a perfect example of what makes lovers rock reggae so special. The heartfelt lyrics and McGregor’s smooth vocal delivery make this song an instant classic.
2. “Love Is All I Have to Give” by Dawn Penn
Dawn Penn’s massive hit single “Love Is All I Have to Give” is another timeless love song that has stood the test of time. The simple, yet effective lyrics and catchy melody make this one of the most memorable lovers rock tunes ever recorded.
3. “Can’t Get over You” by Beres Hammond
Beres Hammond is one of the greatest singers in Jamaican history, and his signature brand of lovers rock is on full display on this classic tune. The soulful vocals and emotive lyrics make “Can’t Get over You” one of Hammond’s most beloved tracks.
4.”Till I Can’t Take Love No More” by Gregory Isaacs
Gregory Isaacs was known as the Cool Ruler for good reason, and his silky smooth voice is in top form on this excellent track from his 1984 album Night Nurse. The laid-back groove and heart-wrenching lyrics combine to create one of the finest examples of lovers rock reggae around. 5.”Forever My Lady” by Josey Wales Another artist who needs no introduction, Josey Wales delivers a stunning performance on this beautiful ballad from his 1985 album Outlaw . Wales’ emotive vocals are matched perfectly with the gorgeous melodies to create a truly unforgettable track
The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 90s
The 1990s were a great decade for music, and that includes lovers rock reggae. This genre of music is known for its soulful and romantic lyrics, which make it the perfect soundtrack for a night in with your special someone.
If you’re looking for the best lovers rock reggae songs of the 90s, look no further than this list. We’ve compiled some of the greatest hits from this era, so you can enjoy all the romance and passion of this style of music. From classics like Beenie Man’s “Love Me Now” to newer tracks like Tarrus Riley’s “She’s Royal”, these songs are sure to set the mood for a perfect evening. So sit back, relax, and let the sweet sounds of lovers rock reggae transport you to a time when love was all that mattered.
The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 2000s
The 2000s were a great decade for lovers rock reggae. Many amazing songs were released that have stood the test of time and are still loved by fans today. Here are some of the best lovers rock reggae songs of the 2000s:
1. “Can’t Get Over You” by Tanya Stephens
2. “No Matter” by Tony Rebel
3. “Always on My Mind” by Beres Hammond
4. “Key to My Heart” by Marcia Griffiths
5. “Love Is All I Need” by Sanchez
6. “Loving You Is Easy” by Bounty Killer
7. “I Wanna Love You” by Beenie Man
8. “How Could I Leave” by Shaggy
9.”Woman I Need You”by Buju Banton 10.”Inna Di Red Light Zone”by Capleton
The Best Lovers Rock Reggae Songs of the 2010s
The 2010s were a decade that saw the resurgence of reggae music, and with it, the return of lovers rock. This subgenre of reggae is characterized by its focus on love, relationships, and unity, making it the perfect soundtrack for those looking to relax and unwind.
So without further ado, here are the best lovers rock reggae songs of the 2010s:
1. “Love Like Ours” by Etana
2. “Can’t Breathe” by Tarrus Riley
3. “Loving You Is Easy” by Rebelution
4. “Here With Me” by Stick Figure
5. “Your Love” by Collie Buddz
6. “Is This Love?” by Bob Marley & The Wailers
7. “No Woman, No Cry” by Fugees
8. “‘Til Your Eyes Close” by Raging Fyah
If you are looking for some reggae music to download, “lovers rock reggae mix mp3 free download” is a great place to start. This site offers a wide variety of songs from different genres.